Monroe Twp, NJ
|45°F / Light Rain|
|Fri:||47°F / 36°F|
|Sat:||41°F / 29°F|
|Sun:||36°F / 33°F|
Monroe Township Basketball Pals
Basketball Pals Mission Statement is to provide a recreational opportunity for special needs athletes to learn and practice basketball skills, social skills and develop physical attributes of good health. To learn how to function as a team, to improve their eye hand coordination, increase their physical stamina and enjoy the camaraderie of new friends. To have good, clean, healthy fun, and social interaction with their community members and their peers in an organized sport setting. We are committed to providing the very best educational, social, and sports experience possible for our athletes and their families.
Who: Special Athletes who are Monroe resident’s ages 4-21 (and older) who want to learn a new recreational sport with positive coaching supports.
What our program goals and objectives are:
1. Form "teams" of 5 players and match them with 5 buddys with 1 adult acting as a lead coach per group.
2. Teach 5 specific basketball skills via practice in drill setting.
3. Dribbling, passingto a team mate, shooting foul shots, shooting baskets "Horse", and dribbling with running.
4. Learn turn taking, good sportsmanship, adaptive skills that will enable the players to more fully participate in a recreation manner. ie in school recess, gym class setting, or in community recreational programs.
5. Engage the competitive experience by setting up drills against another team if possible
Where: Monroe Community Center Gym
When: Sundays in October and November for 1 1/2 hours from 10:30-12pm. (Except for Octoberfest Sumday)
Fee: There is a $10.00 registration fee. Please make schecks payable to Monroe Special Sports
Registration Form: click here
Community Service: We are providing an opportunity for community service during the entire season. For a volunteer form click here
More info: contact Su Reiser- Monroe Special Sports at firstname.lastname@example.org